Created in 1994, Alterfin is a Belgian social co-operative that offers everyone an investment opportunity to generate a positive social, environmental, and economic impact. We finance the development of social enterprises around the world to provide a sustainable income for the most vulnerable people. With the financial support of over 6,000 co-op members, we help more than 4 million families make a decent living, all while having a positive impact on our planet.
The Alterfin team consists of 37 people working in Latin America, Africa and Asia countries. Every day, we strive to create a sustainable, fair and inclusive future.
About the position
As a Marketing and Communication Intern, you will play a key role in supporting the content and project creation to shape the voice of Alterfin with the support of Alterfin’s Marketing and Communication team.
- Build communication assets and materials for Alterfin’s stakeholders and target audiences.
- Promote Alterfin’s activities and impact via its social media platforms and website, following guidelines and best SEO practices.
- Coordinate with professional translators to deliver high-quality texts in the three main languages Alterfin uses (Dutch, English and French).
- Research relevant Marketing and Communication information and update databases accordingly.
- Support Alterfin’s marketing campaigns and events.
- You are a Master’s student in Marketing, communication, translation or related field.
- Your mother tongue is French or Dutch, and you have a very good knowledge of English.
- You have excellent marketing, communication and/or copywriting skills. Prior internships or experience in the fields would be an asset.
- You are creative and can easily adapt content to the target audience.
- You are strongly interested in Alterfin’s mission and development issues.
- You are structured, organized,and you can set priorities and commit to deadlines
- You can work with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint), and knowledge of programmes such as Indesign, Photoshop, and Mailchimp is a plus.
- You are a team player.
What can you expect?
- An internship contract, starting as soon as possible.
- An international setting with friendly, committed colleagues.
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home.
- The opportunity to work fora growing organisation with real social and environmental impact.
- A sustainable and inspiring workplace at the Mundo-Madou offices in the heart of Brussels (easily accessibleby public transport).
How to apply?
Send your application with a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. Only selected candidates will proceed to interviews.
We recruit based on skills and talents, irrespective of your formal qualifications, gender, sexual orientation, religion, origin or disability.